Thursday, December 08, 2005

Good Will Hunting .. not a critic review

But a fanatic review. Clearly the best movie I have so far. I just loved the philosophy, the movie gives out. "Life is not about winning any medal or achieving any feet, but to feel happy in whatever you are doing." I have seen it n times and still the last time I saw it, I was totally engrossed by the movie.

Life is not about goals it is about feeling truly happy when you are pursuing them intently or preferably unintentially. Life is about emotions, happiness, contentment which seem to be trivial when we have them. I did not know that life is that simple, but realising it makes it really easy.

Sean's character displays 100% wisdom, I wish to have it sometimes in future. He goes on to give his views on life in general. The first time I saw the movie, it was as if another universe has been unraveled in front of my eyes and I am just awed, it was looking the life as real. It is really ironical that I have lived almost one third of my life and have been oblivious of the real pleasures. I realised that life is as lucid as anything can be since everything has a clearly defined purpose. And it is our skewed rationality and lust, which messes things up.

And it is not easy to enjoy whatever you are doing, so you have to do what you enjoy. This makes decisions so simple, just follow your heart and give your shot. And this is what matters, how good your shot was, did you feel good after doing it ?

There is an arrogant professor also who symbolises us, how we are working hard to get acclaims in various forms without thinking whether we really need them or may be want them. The conversations between the professor and Sean are particularly interesting.

Then there is the protaganist Will, who is a genius and arrogant chap. But, its interesting how Sean shows him how shallow his life and then how he opens up. All the fundas are given out in their conversations.

A life turner movie !!

No comments: