Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Believer

Why should I believe in God,
when I am responsible for my own destiny
when there is so much cruelty in the world
when Lie wins and Truth loses.
when all my pleasures are driven by materials
when I know, I have faced unluck throughout my life
when I am not afraid of anything
when I dont want to believe in something I dont see
when religion is the sole cause of so many wars, deaths and destruction
when religion takes my freedom away, which I value most
when religion seems just fictional and nothing else.
when I havent seen any magic of god with my eyes.

Still I choose to believe in god,
because I believe there is little goodness in the world, which is the glue for civilization.
because it is the only path of peace and only way to get out of the unrest of human mind.
because it gives infinite confidence, power and conviction.
because it soothes the soul
because it makes me feel secure, nothing can scath me.
because even after lot of inequalities, there is a balance in the world, everything is perfect.
because it restores humility
because I can feel it sometimes, in art, in emotions, in people, in joys, in sorrows.
because I feel the difference in me when I believe in it.
because it gives me immense joy
because it makes me listen to my heart, to my soul.
because it makes me more like a woman
because it gives me the hope to live and wait for the big moment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read this somewhere:

'The worst part about being an atheist is you don't know who to thank when you want to.'

Makes sense to me.

-Sparsh

Nowhere Man said...

That is a nice quote, I like it.

thanks

Anonymous said...

It doesnt make sense to me. One can thank their loved ones, themselves? Why need some imaginary actor to be thanked?

kramer

Nowhere Man said...

sure, you can do that. God, is all about belief and whether it makes sense to you.

There is nothing wrong in being atheist, but once believe in god, this thing might make sense to you.

Its a question of faith, how can we argue on it.

Anonymous said...

I agree. It is a question of faith and there is nothing one can argue about it.