Thursday, January 11, 2007

Not so long ago

when I was a child:

1. I used to love math problems, more than now.
2. Doing complex calculations used to be my favourite hobby and way of entertaining people.
3. Not so surprisingly, I used to love solving puzzles.
4. But, I used to hate the scenario sitting with hundreds of kids and competing for some covetous reward. I rather liked of being on my own and doing it for fun or challange and not competing.
5. I used to like all the detective serials and Byomkesh Bakshi was my favourite.
6. I used to be afraid of strangers and didnt talk to them untill I had seem them long enough. That is why I didnt talk to many people.
7 . I liked to be on my own rather than with people.
8 . I had dreams of being alone in this world and then eating and doing whatever and whenever I want.
9. I used to wet my pants when nervous, till quite late.
10. I used to love my mum a lot more. Now I can see her shortcomings also.
11. I used to consider my father a stranger till quite late when, he saved me from drowning in a water fall. Then, I realised he is indeed a friendly man.

I read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon, and it refreshed me with my childhood memories.

1 comment:

Rahul said...

nice one.... exemplary even by youtr standards!